NWC Mission . . .
The Naperville Woman’s Club is dedicated to promoting community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service.
Support NWC . . .
Donations may be made through the “Donate” button on our Facebook page. Because NWC is a 501(c)(3) philanthropic organization, donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by IRS rules. Your donations support the club’s work in the areas of art, education, and community service. Club activities throughout the year include an art fair, high school art contest, college scholarships, educational programs, hands-on volunteering, and cash and in-kind donations to local social service organizations.
NWC History . . .
Board of Directors 2022-2023...
The Naperville Woman’s Club was founded as a literary club in 1897 by nineteen women whose goal was to help members assume a role outside of their homes and churches, a bold undertaking in the 19th century. These charter members initiated programs of intense study, but philanthropic projects quickly followed. In 1903, the literary club became the Naperville Woman’s Club. NWC is a member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, an international organization founded in 1890.
The Woman’s Club focuses its philanthropic activities on Art, Education and Community Service. The annual Fine Art & Artisan Fair is the longest continuously operating art fair in Illinois. An annual art contest recognizes the talents of area high school students. Several scholarships are granted each year. Fundraisers and collection events support the club’s donation initiatives to local organizations that provide services and programs in the three focus areas. Club members also participate in local service projects that benefit the community.
Seven generations of admirable women have given their time and talents to sustain the club’s mission of improving the community through volunteer service. A complete history of the club is documented in the book, “Naperville Woman’s Club Commemorative History,” available on amazon.com and lulu.com.
General Federation of Women’s Clubs: Naperville Woman’s Club has been affiliated with the General Federation of Women’s Clubs since 1926. The GFWC represents over 100,000 club members in more than a dozen countries. NWC is also a member of the Illinois Federation on Women’s Clubs.
President: Nancy de la Hoz
1st Vice President (Leadership): Wendy Piepho
2nd Vice President (Membership): Sarah Dore
3rd Vice President (Communications): Anita Danza
Secretary: Mary Skroch
Treasurer: Esther Cook
NWC Landmark Building . . .
In 2012, the city of Naperville granted Local Landmark status to the NWC Building in recognition of Naperville's cultural and material history.
Originally built as a church, the building is an example of one of the most popular architectural styles for religious structures in the 19th century—the Gothic Revival Style. The Gothic Revival church building at 14 S. Washington Street is a charming example of the English Gothic Revival style, with a rusticated limestone exterior, three-part stained glass front window, and square corner tower. The building was purchased by the Naperville Woman’s Club in 1925 and has been renovated and updated through the years.
The building is available to rent.